Steps To Reopening UBC
Current COVID-19 update (posted 3/25/2021)
First, thank you for your patience, service, and commitment as we have navigated a very difficult year together. Hopefully, we have all found our faith in God strengthened because of our shared experience. Let’s continue to trust God and care for each other in the coming weeks and months.
We continue to monitor the data related to COVID-19 cases, deaths, and hospitalization rates in our area and regularly consult with local civic, health, and other professionals not only in our area but around the country.
At present, our Sunday morning schedule includes:
- Preschool, Children (WBS and Kids Church), and Student WBS Groups meeting at their normal 9:30 and 11:00 time slots.
- A number of adult groups are meeting onsite as well, while others continue to meet online only.
- Please call our church office to be referred to the ministry offices for specific times, or you can email the staff person responsible for the ministry area you are interested in. Visit our staff page HERE to find email links for each staff member.
- We will continue with our normal 9:30 and 11:00 worship services in English and Spanish, provided onsite and online, with our current protocols in place (face coverings required, social distancing, cleaning protocols, etc.).
For more information, watch this page or sign up for our e-newsletter here.
Who should attend onsite groups and worship services?
- Only those who are comfortable meeting in person should join us onsite.
- Those in the vulnerable health categories should give extra consideration before meeting in person and feel free to join us for worship online.
- No one experiencing any signs of illness (e.g., fever, coughing, sneezing, loss of smell/taste, etc.) should attend onsite groups or worship services.
- All onsite Sunday worship services will be at their normal times.
- Live Streaming of the 9:30 and 11:00 English language services will continue to be available in addition to our current on-demand worship service videos. Find those services each Sunday morning on our website, ubc.org/live, and on YouTube or “on-demand” on our website, on the UBC App, and on YouTube.
- 9:30 and 11:00 groups have mostly returned to their normal meeting times.
- The services will last for one hour to give time for sanitizing and resetting the Worship Center between services.
- In consideration of our fellow worshipers, masks or face coverings will be required in the Worship Center for everyone ten and older. Please bring your mask or face covering. A limited number of single-use masks will be available if needed.
Additional relevant details and safety-related practices:
- Seating is marked to allow for social distancing with six feet requested between individuals or families who come to worship together.
- Ushers and staff will be available to provide guidance during the pre-service seating time and for the dismissal.
- The Worship Center will be sanitized before, between, and after services.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned between services.
- Hand sanitizer stations and pumps will be available.
- Doors will be propped open during seating and exit times.
- Tithe and offering receptacles will be available in the foyer, and online giving is available.
- There will be no coffee or drink services at this time.
- There will be no pew bibles or hymnals in the pew racks.
- Please do not gather for conversation in the foyer or Fellowship Hall before or after services. Cleaning crews will be working during those times to sanitize the area for the next group of worshipers.
General reopening information below:
As for Phase 5, the return of our Sunday evening, Wednesday evening, and other programming, the decision has been made to delay these programs until later this year. The Executive Committee, our UBC staff, and other leaders will continue to evaluate the various health, staffing, cleaning, and other considerations and will provide an additional update on Phase 5 soon.
If you are not comfortable gathering onsite, we understand and support your decision wholeheartedly. You are always welcome to join us for worship online. For online group options, (Bible studies, fellowship gatherings, etc.) you can call the church office or send an email to
Phase 1 – August 23 (completed)
- We returned onsite for Worship First at 9 & 11 am
Phase 2 – September 13 (completed)
- Worship at 9 & 11 am
- Preschool at 9 & 11 am (Parents selected only one hour and utilized advance reservations and remote check-in).
- Students gathered for The Collective on Sunday evenings from 4 – 6 pm
- UBC en Español returned for onsite worship
Phase 3 – September 27 (completed)
- Worship at 9 & 11 am
- Preschool and Children returned to meet at 9 & 11 am (Parents selected only one hour each week)
- Students met temporarily at 4 – 6 pm on Sundays
- UBC en Español continued to meet onsite for worship
Phase 4 – November 1/December 6 (Onsite groups currently suspended for 2 weeks)
- Worship services returned to our normal 9:30 & 11 am Sunday schedule beginning December 6, with English language services continuing to be live-streamed.
Phase 5 – TBD
Please watch this page for more details and reopening information. You can also sign up for our e-news at ubc.org/enews to have the latest information delivered to your inbox.