Steps To Reopening UBC
After prayerful consideration, we will reopen our building on June 7 for Worship First.
All UBC groups will continue to meet online until they can safely return to meet onsite. Hopefully, this will be possible during July or August. We anticipate that our building will be fully open for ministry and activities in the fall.
Many people have worked together to solidify these plans. Our staff, our Executive Council, and other church leaders have met frequently and have consulted with local civic, health, and other professionals not only in our area but around the country. More than 600 UBCers responded to the reopening survey providing valuable insight into the choices we are making together. We continue to closely follow the advice and guidelines of our state and local government officials as we focus on the safety of our congregation and community.
Who should attend onsite worship services?
- Only those who are comfortable meeting in person should attend the onsite worship services.
- Those in vulnerable health categories should give extra consideration before meeting in person and should feel free to continue to join us for worship online.
- No one experiencing any signs of illness (e.g., fever, coughing, sneezing, loss of smell/taste, etc.) should attend onsite worship services.
Here is our new temporary Sunday worship schedule (beginning June 7):
- Worship Services will be at 9:00 am, 11:00 am, and 5:00 pm.
- UBC en Español will continue to meet online.
- All onsite services will be in the Worship Center.
- The services will last for one hour to give time for sanitizing and resetting the Worship Center between services.
- There will be no Kingdom Care (childcare) during any of the services. Families are welcome to bring their children to sit with them in the Worship Center.
- New! We will Live Stream the 9:00 and 11:00 services each week (more details to follow).
- An on-demand video of our worship services will be available on our website and on the UBC app in the same places as they are currently found.
- In consideration of our fellow worshipers, masks or face coverings will be required in the Worship Center for the 9:00 and 5:00 services for everyone ten and older. Please bring your mask or face covering. A limited number of single use masks will be available if needed. Those without masks at the 9:00 and 5:00 services will be asked to join the worship service from the East Foyer or in the Chapel via live feed.
- Masks or face coverings are strongly encouraged for the 11:00 service for everyone ten and older. (designated seating areas in the Worship Center for "face coverings only")
- Overflow seating will be available in the Chapel during all three services.
Additional relevant details and safety related practices:
- Seating will be limited to 50% of room capacity.
- Seating will be marked to allow for social distancing with six feet requested between individuals or families who come to worship together.
- Ushers and staff will be available to provide guidance during the pre-service seating time and for the dismissal.
- Preschool and Children’s worship packets will be available in the Fellowship Hall.
- The Worship Center will be sanitized before, between, and after services.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned between services.
- Hand sanitizer stations and pumps will be available.
- Doors will be propped open during seating and exit times.
- Tithe and offering receptacles will be available in the foyer, and online giving is available.
- Our weekly bulletin will only be available in digital format on our website and the UBC app.
- There will be no coffee or drink services at this time.
- There will be no pew bibles or hymnals in the pew racks.
- Please do not gather for conversation in the foyer or Fellowship Hall before or after services. Cleaning crews will be working during those times to sanitize the area for the next group of worshipers.
Please continue to ask questions and participate as we take this next important step together. You can visit www.ubc.org/reopen to learn more and find the most up-to-date information about this exciting next step.