Help UBC’s Local Partners
Crisis Support During Covid-19
UBC has several local partner ministries who could use our help, our donations, our financial support during this pandemic… Two ministries are domestic violence shelters and two are crisis pregnancy centers. All four are providing support to some of our most vulnerable neighbors. This is an IDEAL TIME to browse their websites and to learn what they do for all of us!
Please review the following websites that highlight ways of responding:
SHELTERS: The pressure of self-isolation and quarantine has only made matters worse for families where violence exists. There has been an increase on crisis hotlines of people seeking shelter from abuse. Please consider supporting one of our partner ministries, whose funding is being severely stretched during these hard economic times. Above all, PRAY. The pandemic is crisis-enough, compounded by unstable and abusive home situations.
The Bridge Over Troubled Waters
- The Bridge is no longer in self-quarantine, but this is still a challenging time for them. They are working to serve their clients while keeping them safe. Outside visitors may only enter as far as the lobby, and they must wear a mask.
- UBC members have started a sign-up genius link for the most current needs at The Bridge. It can be found here:
- See the Home Page for a letter from the Director and a broader needs-list or to give to their operating expenses go here: http://www.tbotw.org
Bay Area Turning Point
- BATP screened over 9,000 calls from their hotline in 2019. Close to 1/3 of those went through BATP’s shelter program. According to their statistics, domestic violence homicides increased 40% over the past two years. One can only imagine the fallout from weeks and months of home-confinement we are currently experiencing due to COVID-19.
- See the Home Page for a letter from the Director and their Amazon shopping page link or choose to give to help their organization. http://www.bayareaturningpoint.org
- Also donate items directly to BATP at their drop off location, 8-5 Mon-Thurs, 8-3 Fridays. Located at: 18207 Egret Bay, Houston, 77058. Call ahead if you are planning to drop one of the needed items Sybil Winters-Little: 281-204-8840.
CRISIS PREGNANCY CENTERS: Access to helpful community resources have diminished due to COVID-19, but our two partner crisis-pregnancy centers are doing all they can to help out. Check out their websites and ways to help out!
Beltway 8 Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Give to their organization at: http://www.lifelinecpc.org
- The Center desperately needs diapers (newborn thru size 5) and wipes. Their current supply is very low and they are still trying to help clients who are struggling financially. Anyone willing to purchase these items can drop them off curbside at the center can do so on this date and time:
- What: Drop off diapers (newborn- size 5) and wipes
- Date/Time: Friday, April 17th between the hours of 10 am and 2 pm.
- Where: 10851 Scarsdale Blvd, Suite 800, Houston, TX, 77089
- Shop online at their Amazon Smile account, https://smile.amazon.com (you’ll need to find Anchor Point in League City and make that your amazon-smile charity). Ship items to Anchor Point 103 Davis Road, Suite B, League City, TX 77573. They especially need: size 4,5,6 diapers, baby food, toilet paper, ramen noodles, baby wipes
- Contribute directly to their organization at https://anchorpoint.us/index.html
- Volunteer to help Anchor Point with social media needs and website needs. Contact AP Communications Director at
- Join the friends of Anchor Point Facebook group to keep up to date with needs.