UBC Foundation Home Page
The University Baptist Church of Houston Foundation, Inc. was chartered in 2001 as a special stewardship vehicle. It exclusively benefits, promotes, carries out, fosters, supports and furthers the purposes of UBC of Houston, Texas.
Your Contribution - Our Future
- support a cause that is important to you with a planned gift
- put your assets to work with our tax-efficient charitable strategies
- take advantage of the many tax benefits of making a gift
- sign up to receive the UBC Foundation newsletter
If you would like more information, please click here:
UBC Foundation Report
The UBC Foundation has been busy funding scholarships and ministries. Click here to find out more!
The Great Commission
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The annual Golf Tournament benefitting the UBC Foundation and the missions and scholarship programs it supports will be held on Monday, November 9th at Bay Oaks Country Club. It is a four-person scramble format with shotgun start at Noon. Lunch boxes will be available before the tournament. Dinner and awards will be held afterwards.
You can participate in a number of ways:
- Sign yourself up to play in the tournament (you will be paired with other team members
- Sign multiple people up including a complete four-person team
- Sign up to be a hole/holes sponsor
- Donate prizes to be distributed at the awards lunch
- Make a donation to the UBC Foundation
- Sign up for the awards lunch after the tournament
The purpose of this tournament is to raise awareness of the UBC Foundation and raise funds to support ministry and outreach opportunities and scholarship programs outside of the normal scope of the UBC budget. This event provides numerous opportunities to make an impact in our community and beyond for Christ including:
- Student Leadership Scholarships
- Seminary Scholarships
- Mission/Outreach Support
- Student Ministry Support
Please join us on the 9th for a great time. We need you and your friends to participate. Let’s make this the most successful tournament we’ve had so far. Let’s see what God has planned for the work of the Foundation.
The Foundation…Give, Guide, & Grow
Mission Statement–The mission of the UBC Foundation is to use donations and financial gifts (received from UBC members and other sources) to invest in the future kingdom of God, by funding missions and ministries and through supporting young missionaries and pastors.
- To various missions and ministries, such as the Navajo mission and The Porch resource center.
- To the education of young Christian leaders through mentoring programs such as the Student Leadership Academy, and through student scholarships.
Why UBC Has a Foundation–Church operating budgets are designed to cover the short term—current expenses, one year at a time. Each year, the income and the outflow should be equal. Foundations are designed for the long term. They accumulate gifts and combine them over the course of many years. The combined gifts are put to work generating more earnings.
- By offering UBC members Christian financial education resources and support.
- Through Dave Ramsey programs such as Financial Peace and Leaving a Legacy.
The Foundation aims to grow funds that will support the missions, ministries and leadership development interests of UBC, using only the earnings on its investments.
How To Be Involved
Planning, serving and giving for the future are all functions of good stewardship. As a donor, choose to give tax-deductible gifts to the Foundation that are over and above normal tithes. Or you may wish to consider a legacy gift that will serve to sustain and help the UBC Foundation achieve long-term financial stability. Gifts can be given through:
- current contributions (cash/securities)
- charitable gifts (memorial or honorary gifts)
- planned gifts (future gifts from wills and charitable trusts)
- support of special fundraising events,such as the annual golf tournament
Or, consider designating UBC Foundation partly or entirely as a beneficiary of a retirement investment, bank account or life insurance policy. For tax benefit information regarding the various gift options, please contact a professional advisor.
c/o University Baptist Church
16106 Middlebrook Drive
Houston, Texas 77059
281-488-8517 ext. 450
The UBC Foundation is a 501(c)(3)nonprofit organization. Tax Exempt #76-0688363