To stay up to date:
- Check this page for updates
- Find us on social media. Look for UBCHouston
- Download the UBC APP
- Sign up for Enews
Updated Aug 7, 2020
Onsite worship resumes August 23
Beginning August 23, UBC’s building will once again be open for onsite worship services at 9 & 11 am. This decision has been made after prayerful consideration and ongoing consultation with UBC staff, the Executive Committee and other church leadership, community leaders, and local health experts.
Our traditional and contemporary services will meet in the Worship Center (each service will last for one hour to allow for sanitizing and resetting the Worship Center between services). UBC en Español will meet at 11 am in the Chapel. We will continue to Live Stream our traditional and contemporary services at their normal times and post them for on-demand viewing on Sunday afternoon.
We are actively reviewing our overall phased reopening plan and will have further information about the next phases in the next week. To keep up with the latest reopening plan details, visit www.ubc.org/reopen .
To comply with Harris County requirements and in consideration of our fellow worshipers, face coverings will be required in the building for everyone ten and older. Please bring your face covering. A limited number of single-use masks will be available if needed. The East Foyer will be available to those medically unable to wear a face covering. Also, please observe social distancing and practice safe hygiene when attending worship services onsite.
Who should attend onsite worship services?
- Only those who are comfortable meeting in person should attend the onsite worship services.
- Those in vulnerable health categories should give extra consideration before meeting in person and feel free to continue joining us for worship online.
- If you or a family member are experiencing any signs of illness (e.g., fever, coughing, sneezing, loss of smell/taste, etc.), please join us online instead of in person.
At this time, there will be no Kingdom Care or Preschool WBS during worship services. Families are welcome to bring their children to sit with them in the Worship Center.
Additional relevant details and safety related practices:
- Seating will be limited to 50% of room capacity.
- Seating will be marked to allow for social distancing with six feet requested between individuals or families who come to worship together.
- Ushers and staff will be available to provide guidance during the pre-service seating time and for the dismissal.
- Preschool and Children’s worship packets will be available in the Fellowship Hall.
- The Worship Center will be sanitized before, between, and after services.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned between services.
- Hand sanitizer stations and pumps will be available.
- Doors will be propped open during seating and exit times.
- Tithe and offering receptacles will be available in the foyer, and online giving is available.
- Our weekly bulletin will only be available in digital format on our website and the UBC app.
- There will be no coffee or drink services at this time.
- There will be no pew bibles or hymnals in the pew racks.
- Please do not gather for conversation in the foyer or Fellowship Hall before or after services. Cleaning crews will be working during those times to sanitize the area for the next group of worshipers.