Our Mission Statement:
Becoming a family of Christ followers, connecting people with God's Kingdom.
We encourage all believers to Belong, Prepare, and Serve (BPS).
Characterized by Unity; A Place where People can find Community
- Share life together through faith in Christ, worship, and small group participation
- Care for one another through major milestones and transitions
- Reach our Community by actively sharing our God stories and inviting others
To help individuals grow in spiritual maturity and become more like Christ
- Live the Christian life, including marital health, parenting, financial responsibility, grief support, and addiction support
- Know God’s Word, theology, and history of the Christian church
- Serve by understanding God’s calling, unique spiritual gifts, and service opportunities
- Grow through Spiritual Disciplines
We try to help every member find their “calling” to work together to make the Kingdom of God a present reality wherever we are.
- In the Church by assisting in Worship, WBS Classes, or some other ministry
- In the Community by caring for those in need & sharing Christ in our neighborhoods
- Outside of Houston by assisting in places where God has provided open doors for UBC-ers to engage in ministry
(Based on Acts 1-12)
- Holy Spirit empowers the work of the church (2:1-4)
- Followers of Jesus declared the Gospel to others (2:14-26; 3:11-26; 7:1-53)
- The church shared with and took care of one another (4:32-37; 6:1-6)
- The church cared for the needs of others (3:1-10; 9:32-43)
- Obstacles to the church’s work were constant but didn’t slow down her work (4:1-12; 5:1-11, 17-32; 7:54-8:3; 12:1-19)
- Salvation was received by many and the church expanded in influence (2:37-42; 8:12, 34-38; 9:1-19; 10:34-43; 11:19-30)