And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. —Ephesians 6:18
(from How To Pray by R. A. Torrey)
- There is an enemy. Ephesians 6:12
- Prayer is God’s appointed way for obtaining things. James 4:2
- The Apostles regarded prayer as the most important business of their lives. Acts 6:2-4
- Prayer was a very important part of the earthly life of Jesus our Lord. Mark 1:35; Luke 6:12
- Prayer is the most important part of the present ministry of Jesus our risen Lord. Hebrews 7:25; Romans 8:34
- Prayer is the means that God has appointed for believers to receive mercy and grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
- Prayer is how believers obtain fullness of joy (because God becomes real in our lives). John 16:24
- Through prayer is how believers experience peace and freedom from anxiety. Philippians 4:6-7
- Prayer prepares us for Christ’s return. Luke 21:34-36
- Prayer promotes spiritual growth. Psalm 139:23-24; Psalm 51:2; James 1:5; 2 Cor. 3:18
Someone to pray with you
After every worship service, Deacons are available in the Pastor's Conference Room to pray with individuals seeking prayer and guidance. But, you don't need to wait until Sundays — or call the number below.
Our Prayer List is reviewed daily, and group prayers are offered for those on the list during these times:
- Wednesday evenings after supper in the Chapel (6:15 pm)
- Tuesday morning staff prayer (10:00 am)
If you would like to join us for prayer please come on Wednesday evenings to PrayingTogether. We meet in the Chapel at 6:15 to pray together for various needs of the church and church members.
For personal prayer please send an email to . A group of dedicated prayer partners will pray for each request every Tuesday morning at 7:00 am. If you would like your prayer to remain anonymous please indicate as such. All are welcome to particpate (Room LC236).
You may also submit your prayer request here.
If you would like to talk with a pastor about your prayer concerns, email or call 281-488-8517 x214. On weekends or during emergencies, our pastor on call can be reached at 281-216-3525.
Our Prayer Team
If you would like to learn more about how to become part of UBC’s prayer team please contact .