As a response to the Life of Prayer series, we welcome you to visit the Prayer Room (in the Chapel) to be reminded of and to pray about some of the social justice issues we face in Houston. “Doing Justice” (Micah 6:8) means looking beneath the surface and addressing the ungodly systems of oppression in this world. When Christians respond to injustice, we take part in God’s Kingdom on earth and bear witness to the transformative power of Christ to “make all things new.” The Prayer Room will be available throughout the week.
If you would like to join us for prayer please come on Wednesday evenings to Praying Together. We meet in the Chapel at 6:00 pm to pray together for various needs of the church and church members.
Sunday evenings, May the Words prayer group meets for an informal time of prayer for revival, renewal and repentance. Join them in room EB 228 at 6:00 pm. For more information about this group email Carol Harlan.
For personal prayer please send an email to Lora Doremus. A group of dedicated prayer partners will pray for each request every Tuesday morning at 8:00 am, room LC 236. Please indicate that you are submitting this prayer request through the UBC web site and if you would like your prayer to remain anonymous. All are welcome to participate.
You may also submit your prayer request here.
If you would like to talk with a pastor about your prayer concerns, email or call 281-488-8517 x214.
On weekends or during emergencies, our pastor on call can be reached at 281-216-3525.
Someone to Pray with You
After every worship service, deacons are available in the Connection Café to pray with individuals seeking prayer and guidance. But, you don't need to wait until Sundays — or call the numbers listed above.
(from How To Pray by R. A. Torrey)
- There is an enemy. Ephesians 6:12
- Prayer is God’s appointed way for obtaining things. James 4:2
- The Apostles regarded prayer as the most important business of their lives. Acts 6:2-4
- Prayer was a very important part of the earthly life of Jesus our Lord. Mark 1:35; Luke 6:12
- Prayer is the most important part of the present ministry of Jesus our risen Lord. Hebrews 7:25; Romans 8:34
- Prayer is the means that God has appointed for believers to receive mercy and grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
- Prayer is how believers obtain fullness of joy (because God becomes real in our lives). John 16:24
- Through prayer is how believers experience peace and freedom from anxiety. Philippians 4:6-7
- Prayer prepares us for Christ’s return. Luke 21:34-36
- Prayer promotes spiritual growth. Psalm 139:23-24; Psalm 51:2; James 1:5; 2 Cor. 3:18
Our Prayer List is reviewed daily, and group prayers are offered for those on the list during these times:
- Wednesday evenings after supper in the Chapel (6:00 pm)
- Tuesday morning staff prayer (10:00 am)
Our Prayer Team
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. —Ephesians 6:18