Saturday, May 20, 2017, 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Promoting an active lifestyle to fight poverty and AIDS in South Africa!
When we went to South Africa in the summer of 2013, our team was inspired to look for ways to make a difference and help the people living around Port Shepstone, one the most infected HIV/AIDS areas of South Africa. I realized that, after school, most kids don’t have anything to do. I was also really surprised to find that they had no sports in the schools. Being an athlete, this inspired me to start a running program where kids can go after school and train with each other. I’m hoping that through our 5K here, we can raise money that, once converted to South Africa’s currency (“Rand”), will help South African kids start a sports camp and live changed lives.
– Rachel Halloran, CLHS student
All proceeds support Genesis!
THANK YOU to everyone who participated in this year's run!
Online registration closes at 7pm May 18th. After the deadline, you can register at On The Run on Friday, May 19, 2017 or at UBC the day of the race.
BECOME A SPONSOR
- PLATINUM Sponsor – $1000 Large prominent lettering on top of back of t-shirt - Banner or merchandise prominently displayed at Event (provided by sponsor) - Prominent recognition on all Event advertisements (including posters, brochures, web page - Ten free race registrations
- GOLD Sponsor – $500 Large lettering on back of t-shirt* - Banner displayed prominently at event (provided by sponsor) - Major recognition on Event’s web page - Major recognition in runners’ registration packets - Five free race registrations
- SILVER Sponsor – $250 (or cash equivalent) Medium lettering on back of t-shirt* - Special recognition in runners’ registration packets - Special recognition on Event’s web page - Three free race registrations
- BRONZE Sponsor – $100 (or cash equivalent) Recognition on back of t-shirt* - Recognition in runners’ registration packets - Recognition on Event’s web page - Two free race registrations
- SUPPORTING Sponsor – less than $100 (or cash equivalent) Name/logo in runners’ registration packets - Recognition on Event’s web page (for sponsors of $50 and above) All Sponsors Name/logo in runners’ registration packets - Opportunity to advertise in runners’ registration packets - Opportunity to distribute business coupons in packet
- PARTNER – I love what Run for Rand is doing in South Africa but I've misplaced my running shoes. Please accept my donation instead.
- Checks need to be made out to UBC.
Are you able to volunteer on May 18, 19 or 20th? We would love to have you on our team!
RUN 4 RAND: RACE DAY
Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 7:00 am
16106 Middlebrook Drive, Houston, TX 77059
RUNNER PACKET PICKUP
Packet pick up is from 10 am–6 pm on Friday, May 19 at On the Run, 2427 Bay Area Blvd, Houston, Texas 77058, (281) 480-5388. Runners need to stop by to pick up their bibs and t-shirts.
*T-shirts are not guaranteed for those who register the week of the event.
Timing chips will be issued the morning of the race for the 5K. Kids will not have chip timers. Please arrive by 6:30 a.m.
The race will start with the 1K at 7 a.m. followed by the 5K runners then 5K walkers shortly after that. The run is through Brookwood neighborhood. See map link for route.
Medals will be given to children (9 and under) in the 1K and medals will be given to first, second and third place in each age division (over 10) including overall male and female. Thank you for supporting Run For Rand.
Delynn Halloran, 281-488-8517