Working Women's Fellowship Luncheon
Thursday, February 01, 2018, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
All women are welcome!!!
Speaker: Lea Bodie
Topic: Human Trafficking
Cost $20 at the door (cash, check or credit card)
Lea Bodie, Speaker: Lea is a wife and mother who has a passion for God’s work, thriving marriages, and the social injustice human trafficking specifically sex trafficking.
Human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery in which traffickers use force, fraud, or coercion to control victims for the purpose of engaging in commercial sex acts or labor services against his/her will.
The I-10 corridor spanning the Greater Houston Area is a hub for trafficking modern day slaves:
- Human trafficking is a federal crime and is the second largest criminal industry.
- In 2015 the National Human Trafficking Resources Center (NHTRC) received a total of 24,757 signals (calls, emails, online tip reports) nationwide.
- 55% of victims are women and girls.
- 26% of victims are children: the majority of them is trafficked through coercion, false promises and false job offers.
- Labor trafficking is more wide-spread than sex-trafficking.
Crime Stoppers shares important Human Trafficking Awareness Tips to support the fight against this inhumane form of abuse.
Bay Oaks Country Club
14545 Bay Oaks Blvd
Houston, TX 77059