Celebrate the Light: Mercy Tree Christmas Party
Thursday, December 14, 2017, 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM
It is a UBC tradition to engage with some of our local ministry partners during the holiday season. We want to provide opportunities for groups to serve together and to participate with staff members and clients from those agencies with the overall goal of sharing together the joy that is “God with Us”, Emmanuel. We call this endeavor “Celebrate the Light,” which reminds us of our past history with “Lighthouse of Hope” while also pointing us to a new era of intimate, group-based involvement through service, hospitality, and giving.
SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER AT THE SERVING MINISTRIES CORNER ON SUNDAY!
Mercy Tree Christmas Party
Date of event: December 14th (Thursday)
Event time: 11:00 am–1:30 pm
Location: UBC Choir Room
Volunteers needed: 15 for party
Job Description: Light decorations for tables, assembling gift bags, helping serve meal, eating and good conversation with clients.
Number of Client-participants: Approx. 15-20
Event Description: Festive party with Mercy Tree friends. Good holiday food.
Goals of Event: To show our friends that they are valued, children of God. To celebrate the Christmas season with folks who need encouragement.
Please visit the Serving Ministries Corner on Sunday mornings to sign-up to volunteer in one of these need!
Here is a list of all Celebrate the Light events:
- Partner Appreciation Dinner–Decorating Crew (Nov 16)
- Partner Appreciation Dinner–Hospitality Crew (Nov 16)
- Christmas Store: Bay Area Turning Point–Decorating Crew (Dec 17)
- Christmas Store: Bay Area Turning Point–Hospitality, Gift Wrapping (Dec 18–22)
- The Bridge: Christmas Party (Dec 1)
- Anchor Point–Decorating Party (Dec 1)
- Happy Birthday Jesus Party–Photo-booth team (Dec 12)
- Happy Birthday Jesus Party–Food serving and program team (Dec 12)
- Mercy Tree Christmas Party (Dec 14)