Celebrate the Light: Christmas Store–Happy Birthday Jesus Party
Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
It is a UBC tradition to engage with some of our local ministry partners during the holiday season. We want to provide opportunities for groups to serve together and to participate with staff members and clients from those agencies with the overall goal of sharing together the joy that is “God with Us”, Emmanuel. We call this endeavor “Celebrate the Light,” which reminds us of our past history with “Lighthouse of Hope” while also pointing us to a new era of intimate, group-based involvement through service, hospitality, and giving.
SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER AT THE SERVING MINISTRIES CORNER ON SUNDAY!
Happy Birthday Jesus Party
Date of event: December 12th (Tuesday)
Event time: (5-6 pm setup, 6-7:30 serving food at event, 7:30-8 cleanup)
Location: Beltway 8 Crisis Pregnancy Center – 10851 Scarsdale Blvd # 800, Houston, TX 77089
Event Description: Our service will enable CPC BWY 8 to offer a larger Christmas party for their clients and for former clients who have given birth within the last year.
Goals of Event: To serve others who are on the new, sometimes scary and difficult path to parenthood. To give back to the community and to support our CPC BWY 8 partners who are celebrating the LIFE that God reminds us of through the physical birth of Jesus.
Job Description: Two teams needed. Team 1: Photo-booth team of 3-4 people to take pictures of families as they arrive, print photos in a separate room, frame photos, and give to families as they leave event. Team 2: Serving team of 15 people to serve a meal to the guests “restaurant-style” during the party. Team 1 & 2 help with general clean-up after event.
Number of Client-participants: (30 families)
Volunteers needed: 20 high school to adult ages
- December 12th (Tuesday)
- Job Description: Photo-booth team of 3-4 people to take pictures of families as they arrive, print photos in a separate room, frame photos, and give to families as they leave event.
Food-serving & Programing Team
- December 12th (Tuesday)
- Job Description: Serving team of 15 people to serve a meal to the guests “restaurant-style” during the party and to EAT with client-families. Also plan short Christmas devotional and/or leading in the singing of a few Christmas carols.
Please visit the Serving Ministries Corner on Sunday mornings to sign-up to volunteer in one of these need!
There are many opportunities to volunteer!
Here is a list of all Celebrate the Light events:
- Partner Appreciation Dinner–Decorating Crew (Nov 16)
- Partner Appreciation Dinner–Hospitality Crew (Nov 16)
- Christmas Store: Bay Area Turning Point–Decorating Crew (Dec 17)
- Christmas Store: Bay Area Turning Point–Hospitality, Gift Wrapping (Dec 18–22)
- The Bridge: Christmas Party (Dec 1)
- Anchor Point–Decorating Party (Dec 1)
- Happy Birthday Jesus Party–Photo-booth team (Dec 12)
- Happy Birthday Jesus Party–Food serving and program team (Dec 12)
- Mercy Tree Christmas Party (Dec 14)